Friday, June 5, 2009

Best day EVER. Period. The End.

Today was the best day EVER. If you couldn't tell by the blog title. My very good friend Angie took all three of my kids (!) all day. If you have kids, you know what a big deal this is. We had worked it out before I broke my foot, and while I thought about cancelling, I realized that this really is the last chance I have for a day off before we move. So I took advantage. I went to an art musuem. The Getty Museum in LA. If you have never been there, I HIGHLY encourage you to go. Not with kids, it's not really a kid friendly place, but just on your own. It was amazing. I love art, and I could have spent all day wandering around, but I do have a broken foot. I hoofed around as much as possible before having to leave due to pain. :(. Totally could have stayed all day.
Here are some pictures of the museum...

Irises by Van Gogh

Monet

I figured out at one point that I could take pictures of myself using the mirrors. Since I was on my own and had no one to take pictures of me... I took quite a few using this technique.

Cezanne (my personal favorite artist)
After the museum, I went to the airport to pick up Dave. He's been in San Francisco for a week and I was VERY happy to have him home. But before picking him up, I hung out in the cell phone waiting lot at LAX. And I was bored. So I took a bunch of pictures of myself. OK, so I know I sound really self-absorbed because I have so many pictures of myself from today, but seriously, I have entire scrapbooks where I appear ONCE. I wanted some pictures of myself. Anyway. Most of them are REALLY bad, but a few turned out kinda good. I will probably make one my new Facebook Profile pic. Remember the days when you had to scan pictures to get them online? Man, those days sucked. Anyway. Here are some of my favorites.
After a dinner of Thai food (another favorite!) we headed home. And all was wonderful in the world. Seriously, art, self-absorbtion, and Thai food? Definately the BEST DAY EVER.

And for my mom (and Ashley) here are some pictures of the kids. It's amazing how many more pictures of them I take now that I have a decent camera!!


Sorry it's not better... getting 3 kids to stand together can be a challenge!! And Layni is wearing underwear, you just can't see it. I always said I wasn't going to be "that" mom who let her kids run around half naked, but I totally am.

Is there a kiddo under that sauce?
Cutest kid ever. Period. The end.

Wait... maybe I spoke too soon. He's pretty cute too.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. And your kids are so cute.

Katlin said...

*points to self*
Needs these photos in bigger size for collection of photos!!
*points at self frantically*

(P.S. The captcha I got for this comment is "igess" *snickers*)