Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can I relax?? Really?

So... great news today. And no, not about Michael Jackson. Although I do think the world is a better place with one fewer child molesters in it. No! The great news is that the cleaning lady is free for the week of our move!!! When we booked her, she only had one day available, and since it takes two days to clean a house, we could only get her for the kitchen. But her other job cancelled, so she's free to do our house!!!!! Bad news? (Because nothing can just be perfectly good) we have to be out a day early. But it's OK. I called the moving company and they are going to drop the truck off sooner, without an extra charge!, and pick it up sooner. So, yay! I feel much less stressed knowing that I don't have to clean. Cause I was seriously begining to lose it. That's why I haven't been updating the blog, because with everything going on, I just couldn't put it all into words.

I'm just ready to get out of here.

So, on the nickname front, Dave doesn't like Jonty. Go fig. He like's JJ, which I think is lame. So we've come to a standoff. I call the boy Jonty and he calls him JJ. And we'll see which on sticks. Since I'm home all day, smart money's on Jonty. And I don't care if others think it's retarded, I like it. ;) He'll probably end up calling himself Scooter or something like that. Scooter would be a cool nickname, except for the whole outing a CIA agent thing. I'm much to liberal to call my son after a member of the Bush Administration. I'm just sayin'.

So... I found an IKEA in Cinncinatti. WOOT. This is great news. I heart IKEA. And it's not even the big stuff I heart, it's the little things. Like cups. I heart IKEA cups. And any store that has day-care is alright by me. Seriously. I could live at IKEA. Like this guy. That's pretty awesome. And not only is there an IKEA in Ohio, they also have Aldi. I'm a sucker for European stores that come to the US. Between Aldi and IKEA, I might never shop anywhere else again. If they combined, it'd be like Buy-n-Large. The one thing California has on Ohio is In-n-Out. Which might just be the best burger I've EVER had. But they do have 5 Guys. Which is just about as good. Almost. It'll have to do until we come back for TPS.

Well, I may not be around much for the next few months as the truck gets delivered NEXT FRIDAY (*insert PANIC here*), but I'll try to give updates as I can!

Ohio awaits!!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'm absolutely with you on IKEA and Aldi both. They are fab. I look forward to the day when there is an IKEA closer than 10 hours away. *sniff* We always take a trip to the IKEA in Atlanta when we go to visit Dave's family in Georgia. I seriously plan it into my vacation and plot 2-4 hours to browse. We bought our entertainment center from them and it is one of the sturdiest pieces of furniture we've had - heavy, but sturdy. And it was a decent price. I'd be happier if they would ship to people who can't readily access their stores.

Jen said...

I heart IKEA too. I blame it on Ashley...she introduced us. I've never actually even been there. I just drule online or at the magazines and anytime family drives/flies to UT they come back with my orders. I love their toddler plates/cups...and my recent buy was a table for Josh. It's so cute. And for the record I hate JJ...It's only because that is what Jason's GM called Josh before he was born and I just really did not like it.