Monday, March 16, 2009

Man, oh man, oh man

Sorry I've been remiss in updating. I've pretty much had 3 things on my mind, and they are 3 pretty big things!!

1. My health

So it's pretty much gone down the toilet. Wednesday night, I had to find someone to take the kids because I was having such intense stomach pains that I couldn't move and I was throwing up. Dave had to take me to the hospital, where we spent the night. That was lots of fun, lemme tell you. Doc M thinks I have either gallstones, or an ulcer. They did an ultrasound to check for gallstones, but couldn't see anything because I've got baby all up in everywhere. And any other diagnostic tools they could use, well, they can't because I'm pregnant. So it's kind of a guessing game until April 10th. And I'm the one stuck in pain. Boo. Doc M is pretty sure it's gallstones because of where the pain is and how it comes in attacks, but there's just no way to be sure. And if it is gallstones, I'll have to have another surgery not long after my c-section to remove the gallbladder. Fun right?!? Anyway. I'm just bummed about the whole business. We finally get my pre-term labor under control and my body is like, "Just kidding sucka!! I'm not done yet!". It's obnoxious.

Speaking of pre-term labor, I'm off the meds that I've been on for 6 weeks that made me all jittery and crazy. Whoo hoo! Of course, now that I really want to go into labor so we can get this gallstone thing figured out, my body is doing NOTHING. Not even Braxton-Hicks. I got nothin'. But the good news is that the little dude seems to be doing just fine. His heart-rate is good, and he's moving all the time. And honestly, I'd rather have me be miserable and feel like crap than him have something wrong.

We are go for baby on April 10th, confirmed with Doc M today. Bought my mom's plane tickets so now we just have to wait 3 1/2 weeks. Hurry up and wait. That's all we ever do around this joint.

2. Projects!

We are pretty much done with our projects! We finished Nora's loft bed last night (that was a late night) and she slept in it just fine. She did fall off the ladder this morning and scrape her arm, but she's fine. And if I must say, this bed looks AWESOME! My husband is a really great furniture builder. We do still have to add the bookcase, but the only reason that didn't happen last night was because the chalkboard paint takes 3 days to cure and I didn't want to risk little girls writing on it before it was ready.

The last thing to do is for me to finish Nora's new quilt, and then to make a bed skirt for the crib. It's just really hard to sit at a sewing machine when you feel like your stomach might explode out your back. That's no good. But all the baby clothes are put away, the nursery is set up, and we are ready to rock and roll. But really, I've spent the last week and a half helping Dave finish the bed. Some couples read books, some taste wine, Dave and I build furniture. ;)

3. The Move

So, we've had a small SNAFU with the move to Ohio. Of course, I mean, we had plans. We had a date to leave, plans with mom along the way, yeah, it was all good. See, we forgot that we were in the Air Force. And they like to mess with the best laid plans. In October, we were told that Dave was getting his degree in Aeronautical Engineering. Whoo Hoo right? He's good at that kind of stuff. Well, whoever told him that can't read. He's getting a degree in Electrical Engineering. You know, the kind of engineering he has had 1 class in. Ever. So he's been on the phone with AFPC trying to get permission to come out to Ohio for the summer session and take some, lets call them refresher courses, in EE. So far, the word from AFPC (Sorry, Air Force Personel Center) is that he's completely qualified to get a degree in EE, as is. BUT the primary AFIT point of contact (POC) is out today, so he can't get an official word from AFPC until tomorrow. In the mean time, he's trying to call AFIT and see if they will back him up on this. But it is the Air Force. So we'll see. What does this mean for the family??? Well, it means we could be moving in May. That's right, May. You know, the month after next. So, instead of 125 days until we leave, that's like 60. And 20 of those will go by before we have the baby. Yeah, it's fast. And where does my gallbladder surgery fit into all that? Your guess is as good as mine!!

It's just all very stressful. The good news is that we have found a house we want to rent, that we can agree on, and a preschool/kindergarten for Nora. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's a really good school. And it's 2 blocks from the house we want. And the house is available April 1st, so if we do have to move in May, we'll be able to move right in.

Le sigh.

Anyone want to come live my life for the next 3 months?

2 comments:

Missy said...

Holy Moly!!! That is just craziness. The AF is great, isn't it.
I sure hope that you are feeling better soon. I couldn't imagine dealing with all of that at once.
Take care.

Anne said...

Agh! I am so sorry to hear about your gallbladder! I hope that it stays dormant until after baby boy is born.
I don't blame Dave for freaking about the EE major! Andy majored in EE at the Academy for half his time there, hated it, and switched to Systems Engineering. I hope AFPC gets their heads outta their butts (yah right!) and gives you some answers soon!