Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Murtaugh List

So... I just watched HIMYM, which just might be the best show I've ever seen. Anyway, the latest episode was about a list of things you are too old to do once you hit 30. Well, I'm not 30 yet, but seriously, I've got a husband and 3 kids, just because I don't have the years under my belt doesn't mean I'm not there. Anyway, I was thinking about making my own list of things I am to old to do. Here's what I've come up with... feel free to add things in the comments...

  1. Attend a house party.
  2. Live in a basement apartment.
  3. Pierce anything else. If it's not already pierced, it don't need to be.
  4. Go to a midnight movie release.
  5. Stay up all night playing video games.
  6. Play video games past midnight.
  7. Watch "The Real World". (Dave says this applies to anyone over 17)
  8. Use the phrase, "Go big or go home!".
  9. Have any pink fuzzy car accessories, INCLUDING rearview mirror dice.
  10. Drink cheap beer (not that I drink beer anyway, you know, the whole Mormon thing, but if I did, it would be time to ditch the 2 buck chuck)
  11. Buy clothing at Hot Topic/Abercrombie/Hollister/American Eagle, if you're going to pay that much for it, it better be Prada.
  12. Wear skirts/shorts shorter than knee length, and shirts that show my belly.
  13. Wear pithy message t-shirts. (You know, the one's that say crap like, "Your village called, they're missing an idiot" or "I see stupid people")
  14. Yell "Freebird!!!" at a concert.
  15. Get into arguments on the internet.
  16. Dumpster Diving. If I need something that bad, I can go buy it. No need to fish through the garbage. (OK, I'm not talking about seeing something on the curb and grabbing it, lots of people put things on the curb intending for someone to take it. I'm talking about actually taking things out of the trashcan/dumpster. Yes I've done it. And I'm too old for it now).
  17. Have "Hello Kitty" anywhere on your person or personal effects.
  18. Jello Shots.

That's all I got for now. Like I said, feel free to add things you're too dang old for.

**In case you're wondering, some of these were suggested by non-LDS friends, mostly the ones with alcohol and belly shirts. So, no, I would not do these things no matter what my age, but from watching others do them, I have determined that they are not age appropriate. Just in case you were wondering. ;)**

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I am too old to go pillage campus for flowers. Though I am tempted to gank some of the tulips before they pitch them this spring.

Michelle said...

Amen! Dumpster diving needs to go on the list too!

Katlin said...

BULLCRAP! You're never too old to go to a midnight movie release!! Where do you think Jeremiah and I will be (in our matching Kirk/Spock uniforms) at 12:01am on May 8th?!?!?!

Katlin said...

And as a side note, in the last week I've done the following..

1 - Planned a house party (Memorial Day BBQ)
2 - played video games til 1am (just last night)
3 - Wore a pithy message tee that said "Your girlfriend is my biggest fan"
4 - Yelled "Freebird!" at Bridget's Karaoke Bar to taunt Jeremiah's friend (and DJ) Terry
5 - And this qualifies as arguing with you on the internet.

So there.

Katlin said...

Go go baby Jacob!! See you on your daddy's birthday!! YAYAYAYAYA

Katlin said...

WHERE'S MY BABY PICS WOMAN?!

Anyhow... as I was saying earlier... Midnight movies are an absolute DO at any age.