Monday, March 9, 2009

Well now...

So, I haven't posted in a while. But that's OK. I'm pregnant. Things are going pretty good on the baby front. Tomorrow is the 1 month mark!! Whoo Hoo! My c-section is scheduled on April 10th, so if I make it that long, tomorrow makes one month until then. My doc thinks I might go before then. I'm dialated to a 2, and effaced 20%, so we'll see. If I go into labor on my own then my scheduled c-section becomes an emergency c-section, so we're keeping a close eye on things. If I start dialating more, then we'll probably do the surgery sooner. I have an appointment on Thursday so we'll see what happens then!!

In other baby news, I had my shower, and it was awesome! My friend Susanne did a really good job, we had about 10 people come, which for a Saturday shower was a really good turnout. I know I had a good time, and I got some seriously cute stuff!! Lots of clothes, which I needed, and shoes, which I love, and some other fun stuff. I'm so excited. We got the nursery set up last night too. The crib bedding I made was too big, that's what I get for second-guessing myself during sewing, and I made it in such a way that to make it smaller would pretty much mean starting from scratch. I even had Dave the Engineer look at it, and he couldn't see a way to fix it. And honestly, I don't have the energy or the time to start again. Luckily, I found a crib set in my garage that a friend gave me like 6 months ago that I forgot about. So it all worked out well in the end. Pretty much all I still have to do is find a small lamp, something to hang from the mobile, and a set of plastic drawers for Layni's clothes so I can move them out of the dresser and into her new room. I feel much more prepared for the baby now than I did before.

Our other projects are going well, Nora's quilt is coming along. I've been distracted by a crochet pattern that looked so cute I just had to make it, but that should be done tonight. I'm hoping to finish quilting by this weekend and then move on to actually binding the thing. Then it will be DONE. I've reached the point where I'm like, "Ugg!! Why didn't we just buy something! Why did I have to insist on being so crafty??" but that will disapate once I get closer to the end. We're rocking on the bunk beds, though. Dave got everything cut and we're in the process of sanding and painting. I was supposed to work on that today, but with wind at like 60 mph, yeah, that didn't happen. Speaking of the weather, we had to mow this weekend! Can you believe that? It's just wrong to mow in March. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a 70 degree winter as much as the next guy, but mowing is a bit much.

But that's why we're moving to Ohio. So we can appriciate how good we had it here. ;) We finally got our Report No Later Than date. August 17th. We're thinking I'm going to leave with the kids in mid-July and spend some time with the family in Arkansas and Kansas, then Dave will meet me and we'll head on up to Ohio together. We think we found a house to rent. We like it, the rent is right, and the landlords seem great. We're right on the edge of signing the lease. We need to pray about it. I've been looking at the area and it seems like it's in a nice part of town, and I've already found a preschool for Nora. It's a private Catholic preschool, but greatschools.net gives it rave reviews. We have the option of putting her in the Kindergarten at the private Catholic school too, but it's $2800 a year for tuition!! Thanks, but no thanks. We'll send her to public school if it's all right with you. I mean really, she'll be in Ohio schools for less than a year. She can deal with a not great school district. Then it's on to either New Mexico or back to Edwards!! And we all know how much I'm looking forward to both those options....

Sorry I'm not more interesting, my kids haven't done anything outrageous lately, we haven't done anything really cool as a family, and I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting to have a baby! Oh well. I need to go fold laundry. I need my own reality show, "The Real Boring Housewives of Edwards AFB".

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Y'know...it's okay to "not be very interesting". Sometimes it's nice when life is just lulling along and you're waiting to have a baby and your kids aren't doing anything outrageous.

Missy said...

What? Your baby shower was last Sat. I was thinking it was this coming Sat. Dang it. So sorry I missed it.
On the boring part, it is never boring when you are expecting a baby. I love that part. Have fun and good luck with the dr. appt. on thursday.

Anne said...

One more month to go!? I can't believe it! Did you get any pictures from your baby shower? I want to see! :)