Sunday, January 18, 2009

Confessions of a bad mom

So, Dave and I have agreed that I'm giving this kid brain damage. See, I'm nesting. For most women, that means cleaning up a bit, getting the nursery ready, etc. Not for me. For me it means repainting everything, fixing anything that's broken (or throwing it out if it's not broken), moving heavy objects, and cleaning with the strongest chemicals I can find. Not kidding. So far this week, I've inhaled...

-Spray Paint
-WD-40 (to get crayon off the wall)
-Bleach
-Amonia (I'm sure that's spelled wrong)
-Whatever they put in crabgrass killer
-Epoxy

Now, I did use the spray paint and crabgrass killer outside, and it wasn't like I was spraying it into a can and getting high. But it's still probably not good. And moving furniture when I'm supposed to be "taking it very easy" probably isn't good either. But no fear, Dave yelled at me, and promised to help so I wouldn't feel like I had to do it on my own. And I did learn my lesson, I had contractions that kept me up most of last night. But I refuse to give up my spray paint!!!! You'll never take it from me! Not until all the nursery furniture is a nice walnut brown!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Dude, Grant won't even let me clean with Windex, much less use spray paint for wont of increasing the risk of his children having asthma.

rebecca said...

Ha. I probably would have been the same way when I was pregnant with Alice...only any smell at all made me puke my guts out. even plug in air fresheners or candles...either throwing up or migraines.

I say if you can handle the smell of the chemicals, go for it! Oh, yeah and if you also don't mind a night of contractions too.