Monday, January 19, 2009

Here I go again on my own...

Sorry for the Whitesnake reference, but honestly, it's been a Whitesnake kinda 24 hours. I spent most of last night in the hospital for pre-term labor. Yeah, it's a messy business. I've been having contractions for about a week now (and no matter what the doctor says, they are not Braxton-Hicks, this is my 3rd baby, I think I know the difference). Sometimes they are regular, sometimes they aren't. Well, yesterday I started having a lot, and I mean A LOT of pressure very low. Like I was going to drop this kid. So, Dave and I went to the hospital, and after a couple shots of something I can't spell that made me very jittery, they stopped and I got to go home. Luckily my cervix is still closed, well, that's up for debate, the nurse said it was open and the doc said it was closed. But I never dialated to more than a two in hard labor with either of the girls, so who knows what that means. Anyway, I was ordered to stay in bed until this morning, when I'm headed to my OB. So, wish me luck, and we'll see what happens!!!

Update...

On bed rest for two weeks. This sucks.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Oh wow. Looks like you should have been staying away from heavy manual labor and stinky cleaning supplies. I will be praying for you.