Friday, January 16, 2009

Maybe today I'll get off my...

something that rhymes with grass. Anyway, I'm thinking I might be productive today. I need to go to the library (when they start sending you letters threatening collections, it's time to take the book back) and to the grocery store. When I went on Wednesday, they only had 2 gallons of Skim Milk! It was crazy! I could see more behind the rack in the cooler room, but alas, I could not get them. We go through milk like crazy in this house, with two kids and a pregnant woman, we probably go through 5 gallons in two weeks. So, two gallons isn't going to cut it. I hate taking the kids to the grocery store though. I always sound like the mean mom because I refuse to buy them anything. But I do take them to the bakery for the free sample, that counts for something right? I just don't want to teach them that whining is going to get them what they want. Nor do I want them eating candy everytime we go to the grocery store! I'm so anal about what I feed my kids anyway. It's not that I don't give them treats, the treats just happen to be organic whole wheat cookies with free-range chocolate chips. Wow, that was a really long tangent, wasn't it?

Anyway, back to what I was saying about actually DOING something today rather than sitting around. I'm saving the sewing as a reward for when Dave is in Ohio the week after next, so I think I'll paint the crib today. It's supposed to be in the 70s, and sunny so I should be good to paint. Once the crib is painted and the sewing done, all we'll have to do is actually set up the room, which we can't do until March probably. But it will make me feel good knowing that everything is just sitting in the garage, ready to be set up. And if I do it now, then I won't have to do it when I'm so huge all I can do is complain about how huge I am. Maybe I'll design some cross-stitch patterns to work on when I'm huge. Then I'll feel productive then too.

Anywho. Have I mentioned how great my husband is lately? Yes, we're disagreeing over whether real estate is a good investment, but really, we're getting along pretty great. And he's totally taken over this kids room project. He is so excited to build these bunk beds! I haven't seen him his excited about something in a long time. Well, maybe excited is the wrong word. He's looking over plans, and comparing power tools, he's just ready to go. It's kind of nice. He's never been the kind to really get "into" pregnancy. He doesn't go to my appointments with me, or put his hand on my belly or anything, but I can see him getting excited about the baby in his own way. It may not be the way I always imagined it, but really, nothing about marriage is the way I imagined it would be! I feel bad for ragging on him in my last post, he really is a great husband. We just happen to disagree on one issue, and really, does anyone in any marriage agree on everything?

Oh, I need to go. Layni is on my cell phone and I think I can hear it ringing. Ok, Nora took it away from her, and now Layni is screaming "I want mine!". Oh, just another day in paradise!! Is it time for my shower yet???

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Anytime you need alone time is great for a shower. Even if you can hear the screaming and wailing...the water helps drown that out.