Sunday, January 11, 2009

Donuts makes me happy

Or they would if I had one. Today was ward conference, and the Stake Young Men's President brought donuts. My husband got one. I did not. You'd think, since I'm carrying his child and all, that he'd get one for me. But no. But I'm only a tiny bit bitter. Well, bitter enough to drive to town and buy a dozen donuts just for me. Because donuts may be the most delicious thing ever. Anywho.

So, Dave and I have a plan for the house. We bought some brown spray paint to paint the crib, and I found the cutest fabric at JoAnns to make the bumpers and quilt out of. And that's pretty much all we're going to do in this house for the baby. We'll go all out in the Ohio house though. Paint, pictures, the whole shebang. It's actually a good thing, because now we're not dropping a load of cash all at once. We're waiting until we get our tax return to build the girls bunk beds, but I bought the fabric for their new bedding. Nora's is pink, but Layni's is purple. I've heard that a good way to decorate for little girls who share a room is to give each their own color, and since Nora wanted her stuff to be pink, Layni got purple. Hopefully it will work OK. We'll see. I'm excited to get things done and get ready. Even though we're moving not long after, it still feels good to get things ready.

I've been kind of busy, but not really. I've been playing the piano a lot, and spending time with the girls. My doctor wants me to take it easy, I've been having contractions, so I'm just kind of hanging out. Next week Dave is working a lot, so I'm going to really take it easy. The week after that, he'll be home on time, so I'm going to clean like crazy, and get things all in order. Then the week after that, he's going TDY to Ohio, and I'm going to spend that time sewing. I should be able to finish all my sewing projects while he's gone. Then it's bunk bed time! Well, Dave will spend February building bunk beds, I'll just supervise.

Sorry I'm boring these days. We're just not that interesting. I have lots of thoughts, but not many of them are worth sharing. I'm thinking about documenting our adventures getting ready for this baby, and posting them as kind of a "frugal baby guide". Just an idea. Anyway. I need to take a nap. I'm not sleeping well these days. Hmm... I wonder why... could it be the 3 lbs of baby I've got squishing my ribs and bladder? hmmm...

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I would have made someone get me doughnuts dang it. I might make him go on a midnight trip to get me my doughnuts even. Cause that's how I roll. Especially if I were pregnant.

Katlin said...

Glad to know you're not dead, ya know. Been TRYING to call you since forever to see if you're still alive or if the boogey man jumped out of the closet and like... yeah... but you're never home. *scowl face*