Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dang it feels good to be a gangsta...

Oh Office Space. I miss you. You were my feel good movie. After a crappy day, I could always sit down and watch you, and you'd make me laugh, and all would be right in the world. But alas, you're rated R. And so there was no joy in Mudville. I could use some Office Space this week. Thank goodness it's a short week. But for a short week, it's be awfully long. The girls have been sick, now I'm sick, and just about nothing has been done. I did get my crib bumpers done, though, and that makes me feel good. It's about the only thing. Stupid rotten no good week. Glad it's over tomorrow. I can't even find the ringtone I want for my phone! Grrrr.

Speaking of which, I got a new phone! That's something good that happened this week. I've been on my parents cell phone plan for a while now, and honestly, I really don't like it. It's a crappy phone, and I'm always worried that I'm going to use all their minutes. So, after some talk, Dave and I decided to get our own phones. We've had a Virgin Mobile phone for a while, but haven't been using it since I've had the one from my parents. So, we just bought another Virgin phone for me to use, and he'll just use the old one. But my new one is cool. I dig it. I usually don't get attached to things, but I think this one will become my new best friend. That's only IF I can find a super amazing ringtone. The one thing I liked about my old phone was that I could record my voice and use it as the ringtone. So my ringtone was "Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Pick up the phone!" and my message tone was "Message. Message. Message. MESSAGE!" it was amazing. Beyond amazing. People in the supermarket would laugh at my ringtone, it was that amazing. But alas, no more. Now I've got to find a song that I like. I'm thinking "California Love" by Tupac. I freaking love that song. And it just might rival the "Ring" in terms of awesomeness. Seriously, a white girl, with three kids is standing in front of you in the supermarket. All the sudden, "California Love" starts blaring out of her purse. Wouldn't you at least giggle? I would.

I need to buy spoons. I swear the children just eat them right along with their cereal in the mornings. We own 18 forks (I've counted) and 6 spoons. We buy them in sets!! I don't understand how we have 12 more forks than spoons!!! This is not OK. I would bet money that when we move, we're going to find all 12 spoons under the dresser or somewhere. They're plotting against me. I really think my children are trying to drive me insane. It's a conspiracy.

People with irrational fears of serial killers should not watch television programs that feature serial killers. Just a thought. Can you tell I'm blogging 30 minutes after taking my meds? Because I'm totally all over the place. I feel like I've had a coffee IV. And I don't even drink coffee! I need to stop this. Stop before I make an idiot of myself. Or have I already passed that point? You decide.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You're definitely not an idiot...but you might be a little hopped up on meds. :)

On my phone, we have a recording of Grant's voice whining for me when he's the caller. It's amazing. I have the Fraggle Rock theme song for everything else.

So sorry to hear everyone's sick--at least you got those bumpers done! Victory!

rebecca said...

Spoons are the socks of the kitchen and children are the dryer. Need I say more?

OK I will anyway. About the fear of serial killers. When I was pregnant it was season 1 of Heroes. I liked the show, but with my active imagination and pregnant dreams lets just say Sylar got the hubby and left his brains on the kitchen stove. We watched the season finale (because it was the season finale) but I haven't seen it since, and I don't even miss it. There is something about waking up sweating and heart racing in the winter while pregnant and trying to keep your BP low that can do that to ya. Aren't hormones great?

Missy said...

LOL!!! You always make me laugh, I love it.
I am glad to hear that you have the same spoon problem that we have. I thought it was just my kids. I have often thought that we will find a bunch of spoons when we move, either that or they threw them out.