Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Frickin' Frackin' House!!

So, this house will kill me. Don't get me wrong, I like this house a lot, I like where it's located, I like the layout (about 500 sf smaller than my old house, but feels like it's bigger), it's not haunted. I like this house a lot, but I think it's trying to kill me. First, Layni gets locked in the bathroom, sending this overprotective mother into panic state thinking about how she's going to drown herself in the toilet (and hoping and praying that Nora flushed after the last time she used it). Now the furnace isn't working. 3 maintenance guys have been out to fix it with no dice. The HVAC guy is coming in about half an hour to give it his best shot, so we'll see what happens. If they can't fix it tonight, it's TLF (temporary living facilities) for us because I'll be darned if we're staying in this house tonight with no heat!

**Update**
Well, the HVAC guy came and fixed things. So yay! Turns out the people who lived here before us had a dog, and the hair clogged up the ducts, so the heat from the furnace was backing up, causing the furnace to think it was overheating and shut off. The HVAC guy spent over an hour sucking crap out of our ducts. And guess what, our heat works much better now!! I've had the heat set at 74 all winter, and it hasn't been over 70 since he cleaned it. My house isn't trying to kill me anymore. Yay!

3 comments:

Darla said...

Hope you get it fixed soon! Sounds kinda like my house... only my issues are the plumbing then my dishwasher going south. I wouldn't stay there without heat either!

Meek House of Insanity said...

Hope they got it working for you. If you need anything, please call me!!

Ashley said...

Awww! Dude, I'm sorry you're getting housed by your dang house.

Hope it clears up for you and the Twilight theme stops!