Monday, February 2, 2009

Just call me big bird

So, I'm nesting hardcore. As I said before, when I nest, I don't just put away clothes and hang pictures, I'm likely to remodel the whole dang house. And being on bedrest for two weeks didn't help. I had to change my entire schedule to fit around sitting on the couch. Not cool. I feel like I missed out on two weeks of valuable baby prep time. But now the medication I'm on gives me all this nervous energy, like a couple shots of expresso, so I feel like I can make up for lost time. And honestly, I didn't loose too much time, because I got almost all the sewing done, everything except the crib bumpers, and those just because I would have had to be on the floor crawling around to get the measurements right, which was a no-no. So my new schedule looks something like this...

This week - finish painting the crib, finish quilting 1/3 of Nora's quilt
Next week - make crib bumpers, finish another 1/3 of Nora's quilt
Week after - Finish Nora's quilt, finish Layni's quilt (her's is a tie quilt, it'll take about 3 hours), crochet a crib blanket.

And Dave has a 4 day weekend over Valentine's Day. So, you know what that means! Bunk bed time!! He's promised me that he will get them mostly done by the time that weekend is over. Then either the last week in February, or the first week in March, we can move the girls into their new room and get the nursery set up. It's going to be sweet!! And with my baby shower on March 7th (hint: you all should come!), I'll have a place to actually put things. There's also a Goodwill right across the street from my Doctor's office (great neighborhood huh!) so everytime I have an appointment, I'm going to grab about $10 worth of baby clothes. Hopefully that, plus anything from the shower will give us everything we need. I love having a plan!!! Planning is fun.

But you know what's not fun? Paying $800 for car repairs. The check engine light came on in Dave's car, so we took it in. Yeah, he was basically driving a time bomb. He needs, new brake pads, new rotors, a brake fluid flush, an oil change, and something to fix the "Cylindar 1 misfire" error code (she explained what it needed, but all I could really do was shake my head and go "uh-huh"). Total cost? about $800. Especially when we only paid $5000 for the car. Oh well. That's why we have an emergency car fund. We were hoping to use it as a start to a down payment on another car, but alas, it was not to be. And this is seriously coming about a week after we had to get the power steering pump replaced in my car. LAME. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I need to put that front license plate on. Opps.

So, bedrest sucks, and I don't recommend it for anyone. Ever.

So that's about my whole world right now. And I'm pretty sure my coat of paint on the crib is dry, so I need to go slap on another one. I remember watching this show "Roswell" when I was in High School, and the kids in that show could just put their hand on something and change it's color. Of course, they were also aliens, but that's beside the point.

No comments: