Monday, February 9, 2009

Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Man, I'm cranky today. I didn't get enough sleep. Part of it's my fault, I stayed up kind of late, but both kids were up like every half hour from about 2:30-4 a.m. And I had taken some Tylenol to help with my back pain, which gave me heartburn, and I am out of Rolaids. It was a great night. Sunday afternoon I took a 2 1/2 hour nap too, which really didn't help either. I've been getting these spells where I just have to lay down. I'll be sitting, doing something, everything is fine, and BOOM, my eyelids droop, my limbs feel heavy, and it's about all I can do to turn on a movie for the girls, before I pass out. I'm asleep about 10 seconds after putting my head down. I've never been tired like this before, it's the strangest thing. It probably has something to do with the meds I'm on. They take all my energy and condense it so I feel like I've had about 4 cups of coffee, then I crash. I can't wait for this to be over!!

I'm taking Nora to the park today. She doesn't deserve it, she's been whiney all morning, and after being up all night (and not up in a legitimate way, but screaming for a drink of water, and coming into our room to say she has to go potty, every 1/2 hour, stuff you know she's doing just to get out of bed) I'm not in a mood to be nice. But I'm hoping that getting her out of the house for a little bit will better her mood. She's been driving me up the wall. It's cloudy out, so hopefully it won't rain, and I don't think we'll stay very long, it depends on how many other kids are there. She doesn't like to play when there aren't any other kids. And Layni is sick so I don't feel good about having anyone else over. I just opened the windows, it's really nasty looking out today. Maybe we'll just do movies. I feel like a bad mom, but seriously, I don't want to go out on a nasty day, and neither does Layni. Man, this sucks.

I didn't accomplish my goals for last week. I came really close though. I got the crib painted, but I didn't finish 1/3 of Nora's quilt. I still have two more squares before 1/3 is done. Dang. I know it's not that big a deal, because I've got plenty of time to finish it, but I still feel like a failure because I didn't get it done. Oh well, I've just got to get it done this week, along with all my other goals for this week. But it's only Monday. We'll see how hopelessly behind I am by Sunday!! Dave is doing well on his goals though, he got all the lumber for the bunk beds bought and the rough cuts done. He's really excited about getting into the shop and getting to work. I guess I should clarify, we're not building bunk beds per se, but we're building a loft bed, and then the bed we already have will fit underneath it to make an "L" shape. The loft bed is really nice, it's got a bookcase built into one side, and we're going to attach some hardboard with chalkboard paint on it to the backside of the bookcase, so the girls will have a big chalkboard to draw on. I would have loved that as a kid. I was always playing school, and always wished I had a giant chalkboard! I think they'll like it.

I we've resolved the housing issue in Ohio. We're just going to live in base housing. We've decided not to buy, and we've been looking at houses for rent, and we'd pay our entire BAH to get a 4 bedroom anyway, so we might as well just live in base housing, then we don't have to worry about negotiating a lease with the landlord for 18 months, or worry that moving in and out is going to be a hassle. And we already know some people in the neighborhood. And honestly, we can get a base house fast, so we won't be stuck in TLF for ages. We ruled out apartment living, because the things I have to have (dishwasher, washer/dryer in the unit, 3 bedrooms) drove the prices up to $700-$800, so after utilities we wouldn't be making that much. Not enough to make up for living in an apartment. I think we're both satisfied. The schools suck, but honestly, Nora will be in kindergarten for 6 months there, it won't hurt her that much. Now, when we get to NM we won't be living on base, because those schools really suck, and all of our kids will attend them for longer. But Dave has pretty much said, one house at a time. So we can't even talk about where we're living in NM until we get to OH. And I think that's reasonable, even if the planner in me balks.

OK, I had a decision about the park. Layni is running a fever, so we're not going anywhere. Nora is just going to have to deal with bad mommy letting her watch movies all day. We might run over to the commissary to grab some more children's Motrin, and maybe grab some tacos for lunch. We'll see. I like tacos a lot, maybe they'll make me a bit less pissy today.

***Update***
Looks like I made the right decision. Seeing as how it started SNOWING about an hour ago. No one is going anywhere at the Prahl house today. Except the commissary. Dave called and requested Chili for dinner. And he puts up with me most days, so I'll give in today.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days. BOO!

You're not a bad mom for giving your kids movies today. Some days are like that.

I'm pretty sure that any mother/caregiver who doesn't let Disney spend a chunk of time with their kids on a regular basis so they can get x, y and z done is either lying, legally insane by this point or simply no human. How did our mothers and grandmothers and great-grandmothers manage?

Missy said...

Kinda like my day. Gotta love rainy Monday's. I woke up this morning feeling tired for no reason. Go to take a shower and all of the sudden I feel sick to my stomach. So, now I feel sick and tired and the boys can't play outside. Gosh dang this rain, gotta love it. Hope your day gets better.
Oh, love the chalkboard idea. I would have loved one too. I want to do something for the boys like that as well.